“This is a great family recipe with heaps of veggies and it can be deconstructed for fussy little people” – Nikky Brock
- Meat 700gm rump steak sliced in strips
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- l tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped chilli to taste
- 1 Baby cos heart chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber deseeded and sliced
- 1 carrot shaved
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced
- 1 packet crispy noodles
- Combine the marinade ingredients and marinate the meat for 30minutes.
- Prepare the salad in a large bowl.
- Heat wok to hot and fry meat quickly (remove meat from marinade and reserve marinade).
- Put meat aside to rest and reduce the marinade by a quarter.
- Add the noodles, meat and sauce to the salad bowl, toss and serve immediately.
You could make an even lighter version using well drained vermicelli rice noodles but the crispy noodles are not too bad if shared between 4.