- 20ml oil
- 1 small butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped into 4cm chunks
- 1 large leek sliced
- 3 carrots chopped into 1cm slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch of ginger minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 100mls cream
- Heat oil in a large soup pot then add leak and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin and fry for 1 minute
- Add all ingredients except cream.
- Simmer gently for 60 minutes with the lid on.
- When all vegetables are very soft, add cream and puree.
- Add additional stock if the soup is too thick.
- Serve with cracked pepper and crusty bread
This recipe can be done in the pressure cooker or slow cooker. If you are being healthy, skip the bread and serve this as an accompaniment to your main meal to boost the veggie content.